The first hearing has been set for April 27th, 2015 in front of the Senate Business, Professions and Economic Development Committee.
Help move SB 479 (Behavior Analyst Licensure Bill) through its first hearing in the Senate.
THE GOAL: Generate 200 letters of support for SB 479 by April 20th.
The voices of practitioners and families receiving our services are especially important right now. We need everyone to write a letter of support by April 20th!
Here's how to do it:
1. Read and share the Call To Action from CalABA.
2. Use the following letter templates to get started:
- Letter from professional
- Letter from family member
- Letter from agency to parents requesting family letters
3. Ask families explicitly to write a letter of support.
- The letters should emphasize why SB 479 is personally important and should avoid getting too technical. Remind them to use the templates to get started.
- Practitioners should use care and caution when approaching families to write letters of support. We don't want families to feel coerced into supporting our bill. Our first professional obligation is to our consumers and their families.
4. Send 1 copy of each letter to EVERY member of the Senate Committee on Business, Professions, and Economic Development.
- Contact information can be found on p. 2 of the Call to Action handout.
REMEMBER: THE DEADLINE IS April 20th!